Empire Pixel is a web development company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec. We’re an agile, determined and innovative team that’s currently focused on the automotive space with plans to expand to other verticals in the near future.
We have been rapidly accelerating our production around new features and services and are looking for a Senior Engineer with Laravel experience to help us achieve our roadmap’s goals.
LEARN MORE ABOUT EMPIRE PIXEL
The ideal candidate would bring strong skills in Laravel and be comfortable working in various web stack technologies to help design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The candidate engages directly with the project manager and the development team to ensure successful design, development and delivery.
READ ALSO: How AI is changing the Healthcare Sector
They will mentor other team members for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching and training opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead projects technically and independently.
- Manage large databases and optimize as required
- Mentor other team members and solve technical issues
- Develop system designs and architectures
- Can use the latest collaboration tools like Jira, BitBucket, Confluence.
- Must have developed on SaaS-based web applications and enterprise applications.
- Introduce the latest technologies and best practices to the projects.
- Perform pear level and lead level code reviews
- DevOps – Release management and hotfixes to the production environment (Linux servers)
- Maintain code quality and best practices across the project
- Maintain/Implement bitbucket pipelines for CI/CD
- Maintain technical documents (System design and architecture)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of technical experience and expertise in PHP, OOP, and SQL/NoSQL Databases
- Know SDLC and Agile development methodology.
- Experience building scalable, performant front-end applications, and working across a wide range of technologies and systems
- Experience with modern JS framework (ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS, etc)
- Deep understanding of the Laravel framework and their toolset
- Comfortable working with the Laravel Service Container and dependency injection
- Capable of writing Artisan CLI commands and working with message queuing
- Accomplished architecting a Laravel web application from start to finish
- DevOps – AWS, Linux/Bash, Apache2, Nginx, Docker/Vagrant/Virtual Servers
- Advanced knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Capable of planning and managing multiple initiatives with minimal oversight
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in Python would be an advantage
For constant updates on energy-tech and related job offers join our WhatsApp group chat