Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each. One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Our future aim is to lead the movement to ‘Light up Nigeria’ and the wider sub-Saharan African region.
Egbin is located at the heart of a small town called Egbin in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos.
READ ALSO: How to apply for Schlumberger careers-2021
- To ensure the proper maintenance and storage of the laboratory chemicals and equipment assist in the smooth operation of daily laboratory activities by providing support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routine collection of samples from demineralization and neutralization sump pits.
- Preparation of lye at hydrogen plant and determination of its concertation.
- Sewage treatment and collection of sewage sample for analysis.
- Responsible for the preparations of chemicals for the water treatment plant.
- Cleaning of laboratory equipment, glass ware, and the work benches.
- Collation of data on water consumption for steam turbines 1 – 6 units.
- Sampling of water from the demineralization plant, fresh water tanks, potable water tank, wells for routine analysis.
- Sampling of bulk chemicals including oil and arrangement of the chemical warehouse.
- Sampling of wastewater from the plant – lagoon intake, discharge canal and final discharge.
- Support in the analysis of lube oil and transformer oil.
- Partake in the flue gas monitoring and analysis.
Education & Work Experience:
- OND in Science and Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or any other relevant science course.
- 0 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working with relevant modern laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of chemical inventory valuation and management techniques
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of laboratory techniques and practices
- Good knowledge of laboratory safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Understanding of the chemistry cycle of a power plant
- Good understanding of laboratory reagents and their storage procedure
- Knowledge of safe working procedures for chemical handling
- Good analytical ability
- Problem-solving and attention to details
- Good written and oral communication Skills
- Good use of MS Office tools
READ ALSO:How to Apply for Total Careers
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 17th September 2021
For constant updates on energy-tech and related job offers join our WhatsApp group chat