Egbin Power Plc. is nestled in the serene town of Egbin, located in Lagos State, South West Nigeria. The company operates one of the largest thermal power plant in Sub-Saharan Africa and contributes over 10 percent of the total electricity generated to the Nigerian National Grid, making it the heartbeat of Power and the largest provider of electricity to Africa’s largest economy.
Keep the following documents handy
SSCE Results (WAEC/NABTEB)
NOTE: they should be in JPEG format (preferably) and should not be too large in size
Egbin Power PLC is a proud show case for ‘best in class’ operational and performance standards within the sub-Saharan power sector with a state-of-the-art facility housing six steam turbines with an overall installed capacity of 1,320 megawatts and currently working on projects geared towards enhancing this capacity through new technology and alternative energy sources.
2020 Egbin Power Plc Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Programme | Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each. One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited for:
Title: Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Programme 2020
Location: Egbin Power Plant, Ijede, Ikorodu.
Job Type: Full time
Level: Entry Level
• The Operations & Maintenance Technician Trainee Programme is an intensive blended training, designed to build and develop well trained technicians across all aspect of power engineering.
• The selected candidates will garner experience across the various technical departments of the power plant, acquiring requisite competencies to contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall strategic objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
• National Technical Certificate (Issued by NABTEB) in either Electrical & Wiring, Machining, Welding & Fabrication or any other Engineering related field.
• Ordinary National Diploma in any of the following Engineering Fields (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Production, Metallurgic and Material) Engineering or any other related Engineering field.
• 0-2 years’ relevant experience in any organization.
Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to read, interpret and carry out complex written and oral instructions
• Good tool handling skills
• Knowledge of the principles of general science
• Basic mechanical, hydraulic and lab principles
• General knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, materials and machines used in the assigned craft.
• Good knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
• Basic observation skills, repairs and troubleshooting
• Good use and care of common hand tools and equipment used in the maintenance of large complex machinery and equipment.