AIM: To determine the rheology of prepared cement slurry using a viscometer
SIGNIFICANCE: the determination of cement viscosity helps to infer its performance downhole.
The rheology of cement slurry is a manifestation of detailed interaction between the cement particles and water molecules. Information on rheological properties of cement up to the onset of setting will facilitate better handling and transportation of cement slurries.
Almost all existing rheological data on cement slurries are concerned with viscous properties.
2. Neat cement slurry.
1. Agitate the slurry using the mixer
2. Then transfer the slurry to atmospheric consistometer where it will be conditioned for 20miniutes
3. The slurry should then be transferred to the viscometer up to the required mark.
4. The viscometer should be set to 600rpm and the viscometer cup containing the slurry should be raised until the liquid level is at the designated line on the sleeve.
5. The initial reading at 300rpm should be taken after 60 seconds of continuous rotation
6. The speed should then be varied and reading should be taken at each speed.
Ensure that the slurry was filled to the right mark